TimberStone offers full-design and full-construction services. Before we can build your amazing outdoor living space, we need to begin with a design that incorporates all of your desired elements. Visualizing your project in plan, perspective or 3-D digital modeling removes the chance of ideas being lost in translation and allows you to see how your money is being allocated for your project. This ensures that we will build exactly what you want and that you will get the most out of your investment.
Why Choose a Design + Build Company?
The Design + Build concept is a collaborative effort between the in-house designer/craftsmen team and the client. As a Design + Build company, we provide our clients with peace of mind and comfort in working with the same team from initial consultation and design through construction to the finished project. We prefer to install our designs so we are fully accountable for the success of your project, but we will provide only design or construction services if desired. Following the Design + Build methodology will ensure an efficient and cohesive process that can produce significant cost/time savings by:
- providing superior quality control
- minimizing design revisions and construction drawings
- eliminating subcontractor overhead markups, management fees and scheduling complications
- streamlining communication between client and project participants
- eliminating confusion between a design firm and a general contractor that may lead to cost overruns
- Initial Consultation – You guide us on a preliminary site walk-through while we listen to your needs, goals, aesthetic preferences, and budget. We will go over all aspects of our design build process and give you a clear understanding of what you can expect from TimberStone. References will be provided and photos will be shown of our completed projects during this initial consultation.
- Design Proposal – Once we have a clear understanding of your project goals, we will go over the design services and decide the best design tools that will suit your project needs. We will then prepare a design proposal for you to review. The proposal will include the cost of the design, how long the process will take, and what items and/or areas are to be addressed. Once you approve the process, we will move forward with the design work.
- Conceptual Design – Our collaborative design process will generally start with conceptual ideas in plan view. This will serve as a foundation for the rest of the design process. Depending on the scope of the project, an initial Cost Analysis may be prepared to ensure the project is within budget at this stage. The Cost Analysis is usually broken down into phases and outlines the estimated costs to have TimberStone implement the design.
- Design Development – If needed and/or requested, the conceptual ideas will be refined in a more detailed plan, cost analysis and possible digital model. Digital 3-D modeling can be an excellent tool for visualizing your completed project. Planting Plans and Grading Plans can also be a part of this design phase.
- Construction Documents – This phase is not necessary for most projects, which is one of the benefits of design + build. When requested or needed for building permits, we will prepare construction documents. These can include Layout and Dimension Plan, Grading Plan, Planting Plan and Construction Details.
- Build – TimberStone offers full in-house construction and installation services for every aspect of your project performed by experienced craftsmen and licensed professionals. A construction schedule will be provided and we will be in constant communication with you during the construction process.
- Final Walk-Through – Once construction is a complete, TimberStone will take you on a tour of your new outdoor living space. We will go over the various components of your project to make sure you are aware of how everything functions and needs to be maintained. At the end of the walk-through, we will ask you to complete a client satisfaction survey.